Monday, March 26, 2012

Nerds and Twitter Don't Mix

I'm a Black Nerd.  I'm not sure how I stack up when compared to nerds of other ethnic backgrounds.  That said admittedly I'm new to Twitter.  Let's stack more on top of that.  I don't really know what all the hoopla is for regular people like myself.  We all follow a bunch of celebrities that don't know us and don't follow us with a few friends sprinkled in.  What is this craziness?  Do we REALLY care what's happening in the deepest recesses of Kim Kardashian's mind?  Do we REALLY care how Andersen Cooper feels about his new toothbrush?  I can safely say I don't.  I can also safely say you shouldn't.  If you're using Twitter to past the time between flights at the Flagstaff Airport, fine.  However I feel people that indulge too far in the life of celebrities are a sad sight.

Don't mean to be "hipster-like" and hate everything but....Twitter is a useful tool so that local celebrities, nobodies, and C-list actors/actresses get to feel like royalty.  Lonely 35 year old men will tune in to take heed to their every move and read their every thought.  I don't know that I care enough to obsess over Twitter.  No thanx.


No comments:

Post a Comment