Monday, March 12, 2012



This is a message from the love of my life Jasmine.  As the boyfriend of a Black Nerd I thought I'd shed light on NSBE.  Enjoy.



National Society of Black Engineers

 The national society of black nerds...oh I meant The National Society of Black Engineers is an nonprofit organization whose mission statement is “To increase the number of black engineers who excel academically, succeed professionally, and positively impact the community.” This organization is one of the largest student run organizations in the world. My girlfriend (president of the sfsu NSBE chapter) partakes in events to encourage children and adolescents to get involved in STEM (Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) related fields; an area historically known to have low minority participants.   I personally come from an area predominately made of African Americans. It refreshing to see such a large scale group of people using any tools they can to uplift and encourage a community to seek opportunities outside of the “normal” realm.






No comments:

Post a Comment